These are a moist, light & flaky biscuit that would go great with your soups or chowders,or even a stew.
Flaky,Buttery BiscuitsThese are a moist, light & flaky biscuit that would go great with your soups or chowders,or even a stew.Leigh-Ann Comeau
All purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450.Measure flour into a bowl,add baking powder,sugar, and salt.Mix ingred. together,than add butter.Using pastry blender, or a fork,cut up butter into dry ingred.Cut until all pieces are no bigger than a pea.
- Pour in the milk,using a fork,stir mixture until all the dry ingred. are absorbed by the milk.Don't overmix!
- Sprinkle some flour on the counter,put dough onto and knead 5-6 times,than flatten dough out with your hands.A thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Using a biscuit cutter,or small glass,cut biscuits out of the dough,until all used up.Place biscuits onto a baking sheet.TIP:Put the pan of biscuits in the fridge for 10 min. before u put in the oven.This is what helps make your biscuits "sky high".
- Bake for 15mins. or longer,or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place on racks to cool.