Nothing like a golden brown,crispy potato & fish patty,fried to perfection!
Haddock Fish CakesNothing like a golden brown,crispy potato & fish patty,fried to perfection!Leigh-Ann Comeau
Potatoes,skinned,cleaned and cut p ( same amount)
Salt & pepper
- Cook potatoes until done,drain and mash with some butter, salt & pepper. Let cool.
- Take your fish fish fillets,season with salt & pepper,and put into a frying pan with some dobs of butter & milk, and on a med. heat, poach the fish until it flakes apart and is cooked through.Drain the juices & let cool.
- When both mixtures are cool,add your flakes of fish ( crumbled in pieces) ontop of your potatoes, diced onions,a beaten egg,salt & pepper, a little lemon juice & some parsley flakes. Gently mix together.
- Make small round patties,lightly compacted together and place apart on waxed paper,so they not stick together.Cover or siran wrap & refridgerate until ready to cook.
- To cook; put a little canola oil in a non-stick pan,heat on med. and fry your cakes until crispy & golden brown on both sides.Serve with some mustard pickles or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!