These are boneless,thick chops,seared & than simmered on the stove until tender and than served in a delicious gravy.
Pork Loin Chops in an Onion GravyThese are boneless,thick chops,seared & than simmered on the stove until tender and than served in a delicious gravy.Leigh-Ann Comeau
Thick,boneless pork loin chops
Onion, diced in chunks
Dry onion soup mix
Salt & pepper
Olive oil or butter
- Take out your chops beforehand & let sit at room temperature.
- In the meantime ,chop up your fresh rosemary,thyme,and onions.
- Sprinkle your spices all over the chops - fresh Rosemary,thyme,sea salt & pepper
- In a hot cast iron pan,using some olive oil or butter,sear your chops until nicely browned on both sides.
- Transfer the chops to a deep dish skillet or pot and add your onion soup mix,mixed with water and let simmer,covered, for about an hour or until chops are nice & tender.
- Saute your chopped up onions,in some olive oil,seasoned with salt & pepper and add them to the pork chops half way through cooking. ( I perfer mine a little crisp)When chops are tender,transfer them to dish & cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add your cornstarch to the onion soup mixture and thicken.
- You don't want your gravy overly thick,so add the cornstarch a little at a time until u get the consistency u like.
- Keep your sauce on a low heat when u are done,plate up your chops,and spoon your gravy over top.
- Serve with some mashed potato or a nice side dish of rice.